As always, we are delighted to hear from Janet Feldman who does yeoman’s work with some of the most extraordinary individuals on the whole continent of Africa.You will meet more of these people by way of blog pages we will build for them. In the meantime, let me list some of the persons and projects that Janet will introduce to us.
1. Janet’s passion. Kenya Aids Intervention Prevention Project Group. She writes: “Together with our African sisters and brothers we can make a big difference in the quality of people’s live.”
2. Much of this involves the Commonwealth of Learning - and our tie with our Opening Keynoter, Sir John Daniels. Most particularly we invite viewers to visit this page from the Stockholm Challenge web site. We also encourage visits to this page with regard to grants and ICT in Africa - again one of Janet’s undertakings.
3. Music, collaboration, communication. We hesitate to list this lovely site because the music you will hear may interfere with the “stream” during Global Learn Day. But if you are not “on the stream”, please, please visit this site and find out more why “arts is so important”. Thanks Janet!
4. Veterans of GLD voyages may remember Osei Darkwa and visits to Ghana and Nigeria. Along with (3) above, watch for mention of work in Nigeria and Ghana. Please visit this web page. And this wonderful, extraordinarily rich blog!
5. You will find out, later, more about Pam Maclean and CAWD here. Janet writes: “I have spoken with a Zambia-based radio station named Radio Chikuni, ARYI (African Regional Youth Initiative) founder, Neema Mgana, will (hopefully) be with us. This youth org focuses on ICTs as part of its development work.
Photos and other good stuff from Janet’s friends in Africa. More coming!
Janet asks if callers can call in free? Of course. Download Skype and one can call in either free or for pennies to our telephone room. To find out how to talk, listen, text chat and blog, please click here.
HOW DO I TALK, LISTEN, BLOG, TEXT CHAT?
START TIMES & SPEAKERS LIST
RETURN TO GLD HOME PAGE -